Friday, February 20, 2009

Big baby?

Alright, so I had a somewhat frustrating OB visit yesterday, that may yield some new results...I went in yesterday for my 32 week checkup and I've suddenly gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks!! I think there are a lot of coincidental factors that could be involved in this, but regardless that is a huge jump from my normal 1.5 pounds per month. One of the first things the doctor did was check my feet which at 9:15 in the morning were incredibly swollen (however I think this is because I sat in the little exam room for almost 40 MINUTES waiting for her to come in!). Being that I developed pre-ecclampsia with Jackson I have been on the lookout for the same warning signs as last time; and rapid weight gain and extra swelling are 2 of them. When she measured the baby though, she was measuring around 2 weeks bigger than expected, which is abnormal since she has always measured between exact and 1/2 a week big, never any more. Personally, I am thinking that the reason she is measuring big is that she seems to have finally gone from horizontal to vertical and that is taking up more room. Regardless of why it is, my doctor had me schedule an ultrasound for 2 weeks from now to check her size and make sure everything is ok. I'm a little worried that I could be developing pre-ecclampsia, or that a sudden growth spurt could cause complications, but I am trying to not let it annoy me more than necessary. I guess in 2 weeks we will have a better idea of what is going on there...
At this point in time I am praying for a healthy baby and a healthy/uneventful pregnancy. And that I don't have to go on bedrest!!!

1 comment:

Nicoolmama said...

Amen! I am praying for that for you too! I am VERY familiar with preeclampsia and hope you don't have to go there again. Keep us updated.