Saturday, August 8, 2009

One week down...

The first week of school is over!! Well, it isn't 'school' school yet, but we're getting there. I feel like my classroom is NEVER going to be ready. I was really worried about having to leave baby girl. Cried a lot Sunday night and when I left her Monday morning; but we both did really well. I was so busy most of the time that I almost didn't have time to miss her, which is nice I guess. She was with Josh's sisters and grandma last week, but will be at daycare at work starting next week. I am looking forward to having her so close so I can just go check on her when I want. I can't believe how big she is, SHE'S ALMOST SITTING UP! With a little assistance or padding she can sit and stay sitting for a pretty long time. Here she is on the couch, with a pillow on one side and my leg on the other...

We took her in for shots this week and she's 14.5 pounds and 24 1/4 inches. I think they said she's like 75% height and 50% weight, or maybe the reverse of that, I don't know!



I was eating a bowl of fresh fruit one evening and had a bunch of raspberries. Elliette stuck her hand in and grabbed some, which of course squished all over the place. She and I both though it was kind of funny so I let her keep going. Eventually she and I were both covered in raspberry goo and had to be rescued by daddy. Later I decided that it was probably a decent sensory motor activity so maybe we will do it again some time!!

No comments: