Thursday, July 30, 2009

Back to school, back to school...

I can't believe it is time to go back to school. I report back Monday and I am so not ready! All the work/school stuff I said I wanted to get done this summer just didn't happen and neither did most of the fun summer stuff either. With Elliette being so young there were just so many times we couldn't go out and do things because of the heat. I am starting to look forward to cooler weather though when we can take her to do things (and when I can wear hoodies!).


Jackson is pretty much ready for school. All the supply shopping is done, new backpack and uniform clothes purchased and he's started to get excited. He has a teacher who is brand new to our school this year and that is worrying him a little bit. He knew the other teacher that he was supposed to have and her classroom and he was looking forward to it. Now that teacher took an administration job at another school and his classroom got traded from the big bright one to one of the less cool rooms with no windows!


Baby E will be starting daycare too and that has mommy a little nervous. In some ways I am excited for her to be able to socialize with other babies (there are so many this year) and maybe break out of her 'only mommy' phase some, ut that is what scrares me a little too! She is such a mama's girl and a lot of nights won't even let Josh put her to bed or down for a nap; so I am a bit concerned how she will do at daycare. Plus she has to go from all my attention on her to it being spilt at daycare. I just keep reminding myself that this isn't a bad thing and she is just a building away from me if she needs anything. I really wish they'd just let me put a pack in play and toys in my room and let her stay there!!! I definately need to get back to work. Being at home everyday is starting to make me a little crazy. Not to mention with not being able to take her outside for walks with St. Louis heat, this staying at home thing has made loosing baby weight almost impossible!


Oh well, guess we all will adjust! Here's a picture to make you smile...

No comments: