Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Baby Update...

Ultrasound today...baby girl is weighing in around 5 pounds and 13 ounces!!!! That puts her in the 84% already! She's big, but not so big that they are really worried. I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks and hope all is still going smoothly. I had only gained about a pound or pound and a half after these 2 weeks, my BP was low, swelling was down, etc...so at this point they are putting thoughts of pre-ecclampsia on the back burner, YEAH! I will have another ultrasound on April 1st though, at 38 weeks and my doctor told me to be prepared then to induce or schedule a c-section. With Jackson I had a 'compound presentation' (head and elbow) and 4th degree tearing, so we have known all along that a c section was a big possibility. The doctor doesn't want me trying to deliver a baby that is any larger than Jackson was. Being that Jackson was only 7lbs 15 oz (but what a huge head!), there is a chance she will out weigh him by 38 weeks. If that is the case we will just schedule a c-section. If her size is still within a safe range then we will schedule a quick induction so that she doesn't get any bigger. So, it looks like she will probably be here in about 4-4.5 weeks instead of 6. That freaks me out JUST A LITTLE!!!

1 comment:

Nicoolmama said...

Glad to hear the baby is growing well! Will's birthday is April 1st!!