Saturday, March 21, 2009

To L&D and back...

So, Wednesday I had a dr's appt and I am already 1cm dilated! That is exciting since I never went into labor naturally with Jackson.

Today however we ended up taking a trip into labor and delivery because baby girl had stopped moving on us! She had gone almost 24 hours and hadn't made more than 8 or so movements total. I tried everything I could to get her to start moving, but nothing was working. Finally I called my doctor who said I should head to L&D just to get checked out. She figured that more than anything it was not a big deal, but because it had me worried and it was such a drastic difference in typical movement I should go anyway. So, we made the trip into the hospital and she didn't move once in the car or when we first got into the hospital. Surprise surprise though, that as soon as they hooked me up to the monitors she got the hiccups and then started moving like crazy! They watched me for about an hour and did an ultrasound to check fluid which was normal. I was a little upset and annoyed that we had to go all the way in for nothing, but relieved that she's doing great! Apparently she wasn't getting enough attention!

2 comments:

Miller said...

The same thing happened to me with Sam...TWICE! I think he liked making me look crazy

Mark and Emma said...

I know you were probably so scared! Glad she's just a little prankster:)