Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bedrest...

I'm on bedrest...I HATE BEDREST! It makes me bitter. I feel useless and vulnerable, like I'm not doing my job. Maybe that's because I like my job and I want to be doing it!

Ok, background...this week was our first week back after spring break and it was rough for me. Being back on my feet and not being able to stop for a rest or snack wnever I wanted did bad things to my blood sugar and my poor feet. I came home Monday and Tuesday so swollen that my feet looked and felt like they were going to explode. My husband forced me to sit and not do anything, which was nice, but irritates me because I want to be doing things! Wednesday was a half day at school, so I wasn't up that much and my awesome co-workers through me a shower in the afternoon. I was supposed to have a dr's appt, but my doc was gone for a delivery so they had to cancel it. Thursday at work I had a meeting and noticed that I was crazy swollen already and it wasn't even noon. As the day progressed I realized that my head had constantly been aching and every now and then my vision would go blurry. So I went into the nurse at school and had her take my blood pressure, which ended up being 160/90 - WAY TO HIGH! So I called my doctor. Of course I didn't have my cell phone with me, so never heard back until I got home. The message on my cell phone - go to the hospital immediately! So, Josh and I turned around and left. I took all my stuff with me because I was really hoping that this might be it. Well, finally at midnight they let us go home...my blood and urine work all came back within normal ranges and my blodd pressure returned to normal the longer I stayed in bed. My doctor was leaving Thursday evening as the doctors talked to her, and she had decided that I wasn't sick enough to force me to deliver, but that my staying home I should be able to avoid getting that sick while she was gone. So, here I am stuck at home...and every day I'm here is a day that I can't use to stay home with baby girl once she gets here. So, my plan is to sneak into work tomorrow morning to get some planning done and then try everything I can to get this baby to come. Jackson says that once she gets here is I have to be on bedrest that will be ok, because I will have someone to play with!

2 comments:

Mark and Emma said...

Oh Kym! You poor thing! When would you like me to come over and bring you food? Or clean? I can clean! You just tell me what day and time is good. I also am really good company. At least I think I am :)

Nicoolmama said...

Oh, Man! Bedrest sucks! I know...I did 6 weeks of it with Mason! I am keeping you in my thoughts and hope you get to meet that sweet girl of yours soon! How many weeks are you now?